The development budget of sewage and drainage for the year 2019 amounts to approximately NIS 79.5 million. It is approximately NIS 40 million higher than the implementation estimated for the year 2018. This amount includes approximately NIS 23 million for arranging the Kidron basin wastes, NIS 1.5 million for drainage works at the expense of the city of Jerusalem and NIS 2.9 million for projects at the expense of other entities.
The Company's development budget for sewage systems only, for the year 2019, amounts to approximately NIS 75.1 million, which is approximately NIS 36.5 million higher than the implementation estimated for the year 2018.
The work plan also includes projects whose budget (at least most of it) will appear in 2020 or 2021. These projects are considered to be with second priority, and their execution this year will be conditional on completion of planning, conditional on other infrastructure entities or on the pace of work progress.
The budget was prepared according to the importance of the projects and takes into account the following parameters:
- Continuing projects (NIS 39 million).
- New projects combined with the work of development companies (NIS 2.8 million).
- New joint projects with the Water Department (NIS 0.03 million).
- New projects initiated by the department of connecting new consumers in return for a sewage surcharge or removal of a hazard (NIS 26.5 million).
- Unexpected and necessary projects (NIS 8.1 million).
- Planning budget of works from 2020 onwards (NIS 3.1 million).
The budget is intended to handle approximately 160 projects including planning. In addition, there are projects of expanding the drainage network, which are dependent on the funding of the city of Jerusalem. Out of the total number of projects, about 60 are ongoing projects.